Friday, September 21, 2007

Why, oh why?

I have always been unlucky in online networking sites. I have an account in Downelink, Connexion, and even in guys4men yet I could not get the attention of guys I like. When finally I received a message each in Downelink and Connexion, the senders were both old men--as in really old foreign men, you would suspect they were pedophiles! (sorry, bad...)

When I signed up for guys4men, I was amazed that it has a way of telling you which guys bookmarked you as a hottie (haha, in my dreams! well, I'm still hoping that someone hot could also find me hot... kinda have a low self-esteem here). And when I checked it, there was only one guy. Guess what? He was another oldie... I have nothing against old men. I know that I will also get old. But, they are just not my type. And I wonder why I seem to attract them... (sigh)

8 comments:

ika said...

may ganun?

I suppose you should just tune down your expectations?

Or be a more active "searcher."

or maybe improve the contents of your profile so you'd get more hits on searches?

ian said...

thanks. well, i don't expect much naman. it's just that the oldies i refer to here are those who are really old to be my father or grandfather.

i actually prefer men who are older than me, perhaps two to five years older, for a partner. or perhaps even up to 35 years old. :)

i try to update my profile once in a while.

Kai Santorino said...

set a range! baka malay mo those guys arent as old as you think...

i think we both have the same problem. networking sites are there when you want to have a quickie haha..

the real deal happens offline, meaning the bars like bed or government or elsewhere. you have to be out there (even without 'outing' yourself)

ian said...

@kai santorino

well, i really want to try going to bed or government, but i don't have friends who could go with me. and i'm afraid i might get intimidated. sana makapunta naman ako.

PikaBucks said...

hay ako rin! my girl-friends are the ones who are forcing me to go there because they think this face needs a hot boyfriend (kidding)

oh well maybe we should go together haha

ian said...

@kai

sure! tara. :) i'll send you a message at mybloglog/gmail. :)

chase / chubz said...

ganun bah.
don't worry ian. networking sites don't trademark u as unwanted. i agree with kai santorino --> "real deal happens offline"

ako rin naman hindi pinapansin sa mga sites na ganun.
don't be sad okai.
wats ur name ba sa g4m?
i-favorite kita. =)

ian said...

hi chase, thanks! can you email me at yourgayness@gmail.com? i'll give you my g4m ID there. hope you'd also tell yours. thanks!:)