Monday, September 10, 2007

Thankful for Open-Minded Friends

I've been soooo busy for the past weeks. Anyway, I just want to share that two weeks ago, I came out to a friend. We were chatting via Yahoo Messenger, and our conversation went to a topic on speed dating. I told her that I'd love to try it, but that I just couldn't. When she asked me why, I told her, "I don't go for girls." And she laughed and then thanked me for the trust I gave her. She even told me that she kinda figured it out. Whew, it was actually a relief. Friend, if you happen to read this, I just wanna say THANK YOU!

By the way, my friend, don't forget to invite me when your no-girls speed dating is final, okay? Hehe. Just wanna give it a try.

3 comments:

chase / chubz said...

the first time i said that to a girl.. she was silent for 3 minutes.. heheheheh
it was at that moment that she kinda like me.
hehehehe
very weird place to be. hehe

but in the end we became very very good friends.

Drake said...

I am happy for you, you came out to one of your friends. I hope your friendship with her has deepened more than what it was before, as what has happened to my friendship with one of my high school friends when I told her I'm queer.

It really feels so good telling the truth to someone and hopefully being accepted without a bat of scorn in return.

God bless!

ian said...

@chase
well, i guess your friend was really shocked. perhaps she really had no idea. i'm glad you became very very good friends. wag lang mag-aaway sa boys ah! hehe :)

drake
thanks! you really are lucky for having your bestfriend. well, my friend and i were together yesterday, but we haven't mentioned anything about my coming out. it really felt good that she knows.