Thursday, April 24, 2008

...Rays of Hope...

I was in a meeting earlier today. Anyway, over lunch, some of our superiors who were in that meeting discussed some issues which incidentally touched on the sexuality of one of their contemporaries. I was beaming with hope inside because some of them were very okay with it. They were saying there is nothing wrong with being gay or with a man having sex with another man. Unfortunately I did not hear my boss or my colleagues say anything for or against it at all, so maybe perhaps it is not yet time for me to tell them I'm gay when they bug me again with the question, "Do you have a girlfriend?" or some other similar remarks. Nevertheless, it really was a relief that at least I know now that there are some people in our organization who are very open-minded about it. I just hope nobody noticed how happy I was upon hearing those non-homophobic remarks. :D

4 comments:

Turismoboi said...

im sure someone did notice it pero ok lang yan

kiver!

Anonymous said...

You can tell if they're open to the idea if you look at their educational background, religion, demeanor, and sense of humor.

My .02

Marcus: Bading Down Under said...

That's good news indeed. Hope that goodness spreads in your workplace! :-)

ian said...

@turismoboi, haha, siguro nga... well actually pakiramdam ko i wouldn't really care kung may makaalam.

greg, thanks...

marcus, thanks. i hope so too. :)