Monday, January 19, 2009

No Way! Are You Serious?!

We were on our way to church. I was clad in Barong Tagalog, and so was everybody else (except for the ladies, of course). My Mom seemed excited over what was going to happen. It was not until after a few minutes that I realized we were on our way to a wedding. I wondered whose wedding it was. When we arrived at the church, I found out that the wedding’s motif was yellow. Everything seemed nice. But still, one question bothered me: who’s getting married? Then, it suddenly dawned on me. I was getting married. What?! What the heck was that? As far as I can remember, I’m gay and I had no girlfriend. But no, everything seemed so real. It was really happening. I even knew the name of the girl I was marrying.

I was so shocked and did not know how to react. How could it happen? At that moment, I was already thinking of whether to push through with the wedding, and make my life even more miserable by living a lie, or just abandon the bride and embarrass everyone. I wanted to scream. I felt I was cheated because somehow a wedding was arranged between me and someone without me knowing it until the day of the wedding. I couldn’t breathe. And then...

I was on my bed. I was not wearing any Barong. I was in my room. It was all just a dream...err, a nightmare! Thank God! Whew! What a relief! :p If it had been for real, I would have chosen to be a runaway bride, err... I mean groom.

>>How about you? If in real life you were forced to marry a girl, would you give in?

12 comments:

VICTOR said...

I also had a similar dream once. I was getting married to my Muslim class mate in high school; it was shortly after she sent me a "thank you letter" telling me how nice I am to her. It was so real, but when I realized we were getting married in a Catholic church, I calmed down and enjoyed the rest of the dream knowing I'd wake up later in my own bed. LOL.

I linked you by the way. Nice blog.

ian said...

@Victor Gregor, thanks bro... You're lucky you realized earlier that it was just a dream. I wonder if this dream meant anything. Anyway, thanks for linking my blog. :) I'd like to link you up as well, but which of your blogs do you prefer? Hehe. Thanks! :p

VICTOR said...

I dunno. Whichever you prefer.

About whether this dream meant something or not, I have always thought my own dreams are some of my most repressed fears (or desires).

jamie da vinci! said...

that certainly was a scary dream....was it a nicely embroidered barong though? bwahahahaha! pina? organza?

hahahaha, miss you dude!!! :)

Anonymous said...

hay kapatid, nakakatakot nga. hindi ko ma-imagine ito. hahaha!

pero balang araw, baka magbago pa ang ihip ng hangin. kaw rin.

ian said...

@Victor Gregor, hmmm, i hope for me this one's my repressed fear... hehehe...

@jamie da vinci, hmmm, i think i was wearing my old barong... haha... that's why i never realized earlier that it was MY wedding.

@carl, hahaha, kelan kaya mangyayari yun? baka may delubyong maganap, hindi lang pag-iba ng ihip ng hangin. hehe.

wanderingcommuter said...

hahaha... no way highway!!!

may nagbabalik loob sa blogging ah... i wonder why? hmmm...

ian said...

@eric, uhmmm, busy lng kasi ako before... actually ngayon busy pa rin naman, kaya bihira pa rin makapag-update. hehehe... :p

hector_olympus said...

natawa naman ako dun.

:)

ian said...

@hector_olympus, hehehe salamat sa pagdaan at pagcomment... ang weird di ba? well, i guess dreams really reflect your innermost fears or desires... in this case, this is fear!!! hehehe...

The Photoblogger said...

Woah, what a dream! But any chance you'd be bi and fall in love with a girl some day?

(but then again AJ would say "Bi now, gay later :P)

ian said...

@The Photoblogger, hahaha nope definitely not. I'm gay. I don't go for girls. Haha. :D