Monday, January 05, 2009

Eating Out

Nope. This isn't about the movie. Hehe.

I just wanna share what happened last night when I ate at a fast food outlet near our place. I have been at that branch only once and decided not to eat there again because their tofu there really sucks. Last night, however, there was no other open fast food outlet in the area, and I was very hungry and had no time to cook dinner. So I decided to eat at this fast food outlet.

I ordered one meal of breaded pork with rice, and a serving of soup. When I realized that it's taking way too long for my meal to arrive, I asked the service crew about it. I heard the cashier, the store manager, and kitchen crew discussing that my order had already been served minutes ago. It turned out that they gave my order to another group. The service crew got my rice meal from that group's table, and served it to me. What the?! I almost lost control. Annoyed and hungry, I asked him to get me another one from the kitchen as it has already been exposed to others, having been served minutes ago.

Upon finding out that the soup I ordered, which unfortunately was served upon the wrong table was the last they could offer, the manager decided to give me the free soup that usually goes with their meals, and offered me a complimentary serving of another side dish. I also got a refund for the soup which I originally ordered.

While all this was happening, I was really telling myself not to eat at that fast food outlet again, at least not at that branch. I would have complained. But thanks to the store manager, she knew what to do. At least I was satisfied with what I ate.

I was just appalled at how the customers at the other table behaved. I mean, they knew that the food given them was not included in their order, but they did not even inform the crew who served it. The nerve!

4 comments:

Rocky Sunico said...

I don't get that either - if items I didn't order were given to me, I'd be more worried about getting overcharged instead of just taking it.

Some people...ugh =P

ian said...

@rocky, happy new year! yeah... but the fast food uses a pay-as-you-order scheme. hehehe i dunno if these customers wanted to take advantage, or they were just plainly insensitive. ;p

Rocky Sunico said...

oh crap, I missed that bit. well that's even worse!

well, there's always karma to balance things out. they'll get what's coming to them =P

Niel said...

This almost always happen to me in Chowking. I like the variety of food but the service sucks!