Monday, July 07, 2008

Coming Out: Latest Edition

Last Saturday morning, I was bored and had nothing to do. I remembered a friend way back in 2nd year college who I just saw again last week. We had a great conversation when we met. I actually felt infatuated with him that night, although during our college days he was really just a friend. Anyway, I asked him how he is, and here’s our conversation:

Him: eto, cute pa rin. :-) kaw?

Me: hahaha… eto payatot pa rin at cute pa rin (gaya-gaya, hehe)

Him: ano balita? ano bago?

Me: Ganun pa rin. work, ganun pa rin. lovelife, ganun pa rin. single. (I actually opened up the lovelife part in the hope of him saying that he’s also single…)

Him: choice mo ba’ng maging single?

Me: hindi… actually, it’s complicated.

Him: hehehe, friendster.

Me: hahaha… basta… can u keep a secret?

Him: sure, ako pa.

Me: I’m gay.

I was worried of what his answer would be. And then:

Him: so? it does not make you less of a person. kelan pa?

I was relieved of his open-minded answer. So I told him the same old story of coming to terms with my sexuality. I was actually frustrated that he said he's straight, but nonetheless, I’m glad that he was okay with what I told him. Thank God for people like him. I actually took a very big risk by coming out to him, but whatever happens, I don’t really mind. At least I can be myself when I’m dealing with him.

P.S. Now you know where boredom could lead to.

10 comments:

. said...

Parang andaling nag-out ah. Ehehe.

ian said...

@joms, ganun ba? matagal ko na naman siyang kakilala, ngayon nga lang uli nagkita. hehe. ewan ko ba at kung bakit ko naisipan... hehe... basta... nakakapagod na... :D

. said...

Sabagay. Kapag no-issue na sa iyo ang sexuality, hindi na nga mahirap mag - out.

ian said...

@joms, siguro nga... in my case, depende rin sa gut feel ko about the person. after coming out to very close friends and even family without any positive response from them, para sa akin hindi rin basehan ang matagal na pagsasama sa desisyon na umamin tungkol sa bagay na ito. case to case basis lang talaga.

odin hood said...

how i wish it was that simple everytime you out yourself to somebody... kung pwede lang palaging ganun eh.. hay

ian said...

@odin, oo nga eh, sana nga ganun lagi kadali... sinuwerte lang ako sa kanya... :)

Anonymous said...

awww...
nakarelate ulit ako!


nangyare sakin yan with my
guy friend. and masaya ko na hindi niya viniew yon the other way around!


nice!

link kita ok lang po?

ian said...

@stan, hehe, thanks at nakarelate ka... cge lang, exchange links! :) thanks... :)

Anonymous said...

i just had almost the same experience but in a little different situation.

you just made a healthy decision...


please add me in your blogroll. thanks very much!

ian said...

@dodong, hehe thanks for posting a comment. thanks din... well, para kasing ngayon wala na akong pakialam. yun bang kapag may nagtanong, eh di sagutin. hehe... sure, i'll link you up. ako rin, paki link. :) just read one of your entries, nakakaaliw. :)