Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Oh My Friend, Are U One of Us?

I went out with my college friends a few weeks back. One of them was the guy who I would consider my first love, although it was a one-way thing because I never told him how I really felt for him despite the fact that I already came out to them (my barkada) a few years back. As usual, we all tried to catch up on what's happening with our lives, in terms of career, family, karir (as in love life). Haha. My friends teased him that he's gay, 'coz he never talked about who he is dating, although it seemed pretty obvious that he was indeed seeing someone. And while all this was happening, I was so hopeful that he would finally come out to us. Although I never really thought that he could be gay, I have always wished that he is. I was so into him during our college years. I remember even giving up some time to study on weekends just so I could be with him. We were actually very close until I came out to them. He became aloof. And so I did not have the chance to even tell him how I feel. I don't know if the reason why he distanced himself from me was that he felt that I had a thing for him and didn't want me to pursue it, or that he is indeed one of us and was afraid that I would find out. Anyway, up to now I still am clueless as to whether he's straight or not. But I do hope that if ever he is one of us, he would tell me eventually, not so much because I hope to get romantically involved with him, but because I need to have someone close to my heart with whom I can really be myself.

3 comments:

Quentin X said...

We all need kindred spirits in our lives.

A.Dimaano said...

Subconsciously, I think, you're still hoping (wishing) that he could be romantically involve with you =)

ian said...

@quentin x, yeah... well all do. thanks for dropping by.

@mr. schizophrenic, hmmm, i guess you're right. pero ngayon wala na yung kilig... maybe because i decided to keep my options open. but if ever he comes to me and miraculously says he loves me, and if i am still single by that time and i suddenly feel that i still really love him very much, why not di ba? :)