Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It's Over

We both wanted it. When he asked for a cool-off, it gave me time to think things over. In the end I realized I'm better off without him. Two weeks before we talked, I already had a feeling that we are headed for a breakup. I thought it would make things easy. We met last Saturday to talk. We gave our reasons and decided to put an end to our relationship. It was a mutual decision. But moving on could be a difficult thing to do--especially after he told me that he's already seeing someone new. I don't know if it was just my ego that was hurt, but one sure thing is that it hurts to know that it was that easy for him to replace me in his heart. Well, I guess I really am better off without him.

6 comments:

Rocky Sunico said...

sorry to hear about your break-up. still, you can still treasure the moments you shared and the good times you had. your feelings for him are still valid within the context of what things were and there is no reason to regret anything.

*hugs*

ian said...

thanks, rocky... i know i can manage.

by the way, sorry to hear about Matilda... i was wondering, do you still use the same cell phone number? thanks.

Niel said...

"it hurts to know that it was that easy for him to replace me in his heart."

but this might hurt him, too: "I guess I really am better off without him."

or maybe not. At least you got what you wanted, right?

ian said...

@neil, whoa, nice observation. well, yeah... it's better this way. we both wanted it naman.

Dats said...

I hate this feeling...I so hate it. Break ups is bullshit! I feel for you.

ian said...

thanks...